[Freeswitch-users] Picking up voicemail

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Fri Apr 30 07:02:55 PDT 2010

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for the reply. I would still like to be able to get into the rest of the system, i.e., other mailboxes than the default, so if someone can shed any more light on this, that would be great.

In the meantime though, you are absolutely right on the default behaviour! Hitting "0" when the outgoing message is being played does get you to the default mailbox. I was not aware of this and there seems to be another problem which has muddied the waters for me. When I test various bit and pieces coming in from the PSTN line, I have been using my mobile phone (cell phone to you guys), the fact that my cell phone does not behave the same way as a land line seems to have been the problem.

It seems that hitting a key on the cell phone is picked up by FreeSWITCH to drop you into the voice mail system, but entering the "#" to enter the mailbox password isn't.

However, when I do the same thing from a land-line (actually, a VOIP phone from the office) the mailbox password is correctly recognised. The problem seems to be recognising the "#" entered through a cell phone. Are you aware of any issues with cell phone tones being recognised by FreeSWITCH ?

regards
Dave