[Freeswitch-users] Intercom w/ Mute

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Wed Apr 28 17:43:17 PDT 2010

Well, I guess you can say the request is stemming from a matter of "privacy"
;) ...

A user is paranoid someone can dial their extension via intercom and not
realize what's going on and allow the user to listen in to what's going on
in their office without them knowing. The intercom w/ mute allows the user's
phone to be automatically muted until the dialed user un-mutes it. I think
it's pretty common in commercial intercom implementations, although, I'm not
sure if it's a proprietary feature or how it's even implemented at the SIP
level.

Cheers,
Gabe