[Freeswitch-users] Replace "Freeswitch" in SDP

Frank Church vfclists at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:21:30 PDT 2010

There is a point to hiding the UA. Recently a system I developed based
on you know what, was triggering a crash in a provider's system after
a few calls were made. It would all come to halt. Their UA used their
company's name and it was only later I realized that it was 'YKW.

In such a case no one could claim that it was because they were using
'YKW' that their system was so unstable. They did upgrade their system
to the latest version of 'YKW' and the problem went away. I also made
some changes in my systems NATing. To date I don't know whether the
change I made stopped triggering the crashing, or whether it the
upgrade they made that caused it to stop.

But I don't think that is what Ken is trying to avoid.

The problem is if there are some known interopability issues, hiding
the UA name will not help diagnosis.

Frank Church