[Freeswitch-users] media_bug_answer_req ignored if aleg is already answered.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:07:14 PDT 2010

Doesn't your subject line say it all?
If it's already answered, how is it going to wait for it to be answered
before it starts recording?

Indeed, the variable applies only to the one session you set it on.
Remember, a call is a combination of 2 legs and each leg has its own
independent settings.

I am not sure what getting it to stop has to do with the file being created
so I think your attempt to make it work on the b-leg in your case was the
right direction but you must have done something wrong because the file is
created instantly when you start recording and will stop when the call hangs
up.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Fraser Redmond <fraserredmond at gmail.com>wrote:

> If you have a dialplan which answers the incoming call, runs through some
> IVR's/javascript/etc, then bridges a call to another ext, the variable
> media_bug_answer_req is ignored.
>
> media_bug_answer_req  stops the ringtone from being included in a session
> recording, specifically it tells the recording to not start until after it
> is answered - but it is basing that on either leg being answered (or at
> least the current leg), rather than on both legs (or the b-leg) being
> answered.
>
> Is that something I should log in Jira, or is there something I'm missing?
>
> (I tried running the record_session on the b-leg via execute_on_answer, but
> then I couldn't find a way to get it to stop recording, so the audio file
> was never created.)
>
> Cheers,
> Fraser

Anthony Minessale II