[Freeswitch-users] media_bug_answer_req ignored if aleg is already answered.

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 09:52:19 PDT 2010

If you have a dialplan which answers the incoming call, runs through some
IVR's/javascript/etc, then bridges a call to another ext, the variable
media_bug_answer_req is ignored.

media_bug_answer_req  stops the ringtone from being included in a session
recording, specifically it tells the recording to not start until after it
is answered - but it is basing that on either leg being answered (or at
least the current leg), rather than on both legs (or the b-leg) being
answered.

Is that something I should log in Jira, or is there something I'm missing?

(I tried running the record_session on the b-leg via execute_on_answer, but
then I couldn't find a way to get it to stop recording, so the audio file
was never created.)

Cheers,
Fraser