[Freeswitch-users] No audio/dtmf from softphone behind NAT

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 09:12:42 PDT 2010

I've taken another stab at this one way audio problem today.

I've run a wireshark capture, and looking at the RTP analysis it only has
the down-stream, it doesn't record anything being sent upstream at all.

Below is the SIP graph, which shows RTP coming down, but none going up. But
I don't know enough about SIP to know whether something is missing.

Any suggestions of what I should try now?

Would the dtmf's be sent in the sip packets, or in the rtp?

To preempt the easy answers and save some time:
- ports are open on EC2 config,
- iptables turned off for the test,
- RTP port range uncommented in switch.conf.xml,
- softphone stun was set to stun.freeswitch.org

Cheers,
Fraser

|Time     | 192.168.1.8                           |
|         |                   | 184.73.226.197    |
|6.488    |         INVITE SDP ( BV32 BV32-FEC SPEEX SPEEX-FEC g71...iLBC
g711A g)          |SIP From:
sip:12610 at 184.73.226.197<sip%3A12610 at 184.73.226.197>
To:sip:12605 at 184.73.226.197 <To%3Asip%3A12605 at 184.73.226.197>
|         |(25829)  ------------------>  (5060)   |
|         |(25829)  <------------------  (5060)   |
|         |(25829)  <------------------  (5060)   |
|         |(25829)  ------------------>  (5060)   |
To:sip:12605 at 184.73.226.197 <To%3Asip%3A12605 at 184.73.226.197>
|         |(25829)  ------------------>  (5060)   |
|         |(25829)  <------------------  (5060)   |
|7.070    |         183 Session Progress SDP ( g711U
telephone-eve...          |SIP Status
|7.264    |         RTP (g711U)                   |RTP Num packets:520
Duration:10.793s SSRC:0x5433093E