[Freeswitch-users] How to configure g729 pass though on Freeswitch

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Apr 2 02:23:10 PDT 2010

Frank Church <vfclists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am just trialling Freeswitch with Linksys adapters, whose default
> codec I have set to G729 with 'Use Pref Codec Only:' set to no.
> When I change that setting to 'yes' the calls don't go through. I am
> using the latest Windows SVN.

FreeSWITCH only supports G.729 in pass-through mode (i.e., with bypass media
enabled). Apparently you can buy a G.729 licence for FreeSWITCH if you really
need it.

My recommendation would be to use a codec other than G.729 unless you have a
compelling reason, for example a carrier that only supports G.729.