[Freeswitch-users] Put a call in music on hold

Thangappan.M thangappan143 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:27:47 PDT 2009

Dear all,

           I am in the process of implementing IVR server in Perl using
event outbound socket. I want to put a call in music on hold when the perl
is doing something.

           I have tried the following steps.

                * First using "Set" application set the hold_music variable
with our music file
                * Call the "uuid_hold" application with "current call unique
id."
                * Wait 10 seconds
                * Call the "uuid_hold" application with "off  and current
call unique id"

  I executed the server and called up  the configured extension. It didn't
work.
  I also tried with nc command. And send the events thorough the terminal.
At that time also it didn't work.

  Did I make any mistake?
  Is it possible to put a call on hold and play the voice while holding
time?

Please help me?

--
Regards,