[Freeswitch-users] How do I get freeswitch variable which has DTMF values.

velusamy velu velu.technical at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:13:19 PDT 2009

Dear All,
         I am doing IVR by using perl ESL libraries. I have used ESL::IVR
module. I get the DTMF by using playAndGetDigits subroutine which is defined
in ESL::IVR.pm. The DTMF digit stored in freeswitch "digit" variable.

    To get the freeswitch variable I used getVar subroutine which is defined
in ESL::IVR.pm file. When I print that digits, Perl program prints empty
value while playing the menu itself. If I need to get the DTMF value I need
to wait the perl program.

    My question is why the Perl program prints the empty value before
executing the getVar function?
    How can get the DTMF value by using getVar function without waiting in
the Perl program?

Please any one help me in this problem....

Thanks,
Velusamy.