[Freeswitch-users] Bind to more than one ethernet interface

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 24 10:42:03 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Seven Du <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It not possible to use 0.0.0.0 for on profile. however, you can create
> more
> > sip profiles for each of your interfaces. Search freeswitch-users
> archievs
> > then you will find similar topics.
>
> It sure would be nice to be able to provide a list of IPs in one
> profile.  Seems like I run into that need often.  Instead, I end up
> making two profiles that are mostly the same.
>
> Is there a reason why this is the way it is?

A SIP profile is a user agent. By design it services exactly one IP/Port
combo. If you are finding that you need to have multiple IP's or ports in a
single SIP profile then that suggests to me that you might be trying to use
the wrong tool for the job. What are the scenarios where you feel you need a
single profile to handle multiple IP addresses? My guess is that bkw and the
gang will have suggestions for an elegant solution that will fit your needs.

-MC