[Freeswitch-users] Estimating Call Capacity

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Oct 27 13:06:32 PDT 2009

I'm fond of Vqmanager from ManagEngine. It is a passive SIP monitor. I.E.
you mirror the ports that your FS or Asterisk boxes, and VQmanager sniffs
the mirrors, tracking all sorts of good data.

You can install it on a Centos box, and get a free trial.

http://www.manageengine.com/products/vqmanager/index.html

What is really cool is that it actually monitors the RTP/RTCP as well as all
of the SIP headers and archives the calls, so you can look at calls from
several days ago and see EXACTLY what happened on them. I have used this
extensively to pinpoint bad Level 3 and X/O media gateways.. Much better
than trying to sniff packets in real-time and MAYBE catch a problem..

I've also used it to find/fix several SIP issues w/ odd endpoints.. Very
easy to see..