[Freeswitch-users] How to load user account from databse ?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Oct 26 13:20:00 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Lei Tang <lei.tlfly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>    I'm a newbie to FS.  I'm using  FS as a sbc and have about 20000 user
> account . Does somebody can tell me how to  make FS load use account
> information from a database such as mssql or mysql?  Could you give me a
> sample configuration file?
>    Thanks a lots.

Lei,

The feature that you want is mod_xml_curl - it allows you to pull config
information from a web server, and that web server will do the db lookup.
For more information check out these resources:

Wiki docs: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl
Example:
http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/FreeSWITCH/contrib/trixter/xml-curl

We don't have a soup-to-nuts how-to on mod_xml_curl because it can be done
in so many different ways. Someone could write a book on implementing
xml_curl techniques. Your best bet is to figure out how you want to store
your user information, then decide what's the best way to pull that
information from the database, then setup a web server to handle the
request/return process. Between the docs and the examples you should be able
to get up and running.

-MC