[Freeswitch-users] How to load user account from databse ?

freeswitch noob freeswitch.noob at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:59:37 PDT 2009

Lei,

I am still learning myself, but I think I can help enough and others can
chime in where I am wrong.

If you have FS up and running you will need to install xml_curl (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl).

Then you will need to edit the config for it in your
conf/autoload_configs/xml_curl_conf.xml and add the following to the file.

<binding name="externalDir">
      <param name="gateway-url" value="http://my.webserver.com/index.php"
bindings="directory"/>
    </binding>

Then for every registered user call, a request will be posted to that script
location.

The posts vary but look something like:

[hostname] =>
test.local
[section] =>
directory

[tag_name] =>
domain

[key_name] =>
name

[key_value] =>
company1.test.local
[action] =>
sip_auth

[sip_profile] =>
internal
[sip_user_agent] => eyeBeam release 1100v stamp
47073
[sip_auth_username] =>
100
[sip_auth_realm] =>
company1.test.local
[sip_auth_nonce] =>
37bd639a-d181-4df3-b53d-ab4172ca3be9
[sip_auth_uri] =>
sip:company1.test.local;transport=udp
[sip_contact_user] =>
100
[sip_contact_host] =>
10.43.43.2
[sip_to_user] =>
100
[sip_to_host] =>
company1.test.local
[sip_from_user] =>
100
[sip_from_host] =>
company1.test.local
[sip_request_host] =>
company1.test.local
[sip_auth_qop] =>
auth
[sip_auth_cnonce] =>
207aae18a2af959346f87a2a3c2c7f8a
[sip_auth_nc] =>
00000001
[sip_auth_response] =>
770a1519789ba7606b3dcc6c4b7a99c5
[sip_auth_method] =>
REGISTER
[key] =>
id

[user] =>
100

[domain] =>
company1.test.local

[ip] => 10.43.43.2

Then your script can handle the connection to the DB and the verification of
the user information.  My example uses PHP but any server side language that
can be posted to can be used in the above scenario.