[Freeswitch-users] mod_socket: custom timeout for HEARTBEAT event

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 13 11:48:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Artem Shiyanov <shiyanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for my foolishness but I stil can't grasp it.
> I'm developing app based on inbound mod_event_socket and I don't know how
> to run "enable_heartbeat" or " sched_heartbeat" without specifying any alive
> session uuid. I tried to use "create_uuid" and send mentioned  commands to
> the created uuid  but this approach doesn't work. I do need to monitor the
> FS state itself rather then any particular call.
>
> Please, enlighten me!
> Artem

So if I understand correctly, you want to see the system heartbeat more
frequently than every 20 seconds? What, exactly, is in the heartbeat that
you need? You can get the same information by sending the API "status" and
reading the results.

If I read the source code correctly it looks like the system heartbeat is
hard-coded at 20 seconds. See switch_core.c, line 155. However, before you
go messing with a core file I would make sure that you can't already use the
tools that are available, like sending a "status" API every 5 seconds (or
whatever interval you need).

-MC