[Freeswitch-users] Heartbeat question

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Oct 8 22:13:37 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Diego Viola <diego.viola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a question about FreeSWITCH heartbeat, I have this on my dialplan:
>
> <extension name="test">
> <condition field="destination_number" expression="^8084$">
> <action application="answer"/>
> <action application="enable_heartbeat" data="1"/>
> </condition>
> </extension>
>
> But when I do "event plain all" I see the heartbeats are being fired every
> 20 seconds... what I'm doing wrong?

On the console do you see the call to switch_core_session_enable_heartbeat?
switch_core_session.c:1041:
switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_SESSION_LOG(session), SWITCH_LOG_INFO, "%s
setting session heartbeat to %u second(s).\n",

Confirm that it is actually calling that.

BTW, it would sure be nice if this app were documented on the wiki, hint
hint. ;)
-MC