[Freeswitch-users] Sangoma RTP TAP

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:05:21 PST 2009

Hello Helmut,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Helmut Kuper <helmut.kuper at ewetel.de>wrote:

> Each try to do some kind of printf debugging in wanpipe-driver doesn't
> succeed.
>
> Any ideas?

The way the rtp tapping works right now is kinda hackish and pretty much
Asterisk/Zaptel-based. We depend on the application (either Asterisk or
FreeSWITCH) to enable/disable echo cancellation via zaptel commands. When
echo cancellation is enabled we assume a call started and enable the
tapping, when echo cancellation is disabled we stop the tapping.

This behavior has yet to be implemented for FreeSWITCH. An easy way to do it
is just to have the wanpipe card to work in zaptel mode and then add a call
to zap_channel_command(tech_pvt->zchan, ZAP_COMMAND_ENABLE_ECHOCANCEL) on
call start and ZAP_COMMAND_DISABLE_ECHOCANCEL on call stop in mod_openzap.c.

The right way to do it is via new API in libsangoma to start tapping and
stop tapping. I will add the new libsangoma API to my todo list, hopefully
will be done sometime this month.

If you want to test the first quick approach send me an off-line message
with ssh connection information to get into your box to do these changes so
you can test them.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer