[Freeswitch-users] Simplest of Conference Setup questions

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 23 12:12:21 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Phillip Jones <pjintheusa at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have created a simple conference that works great. The only problem is,
> when a participant press # it exits the call. So when a user enters a
> conference with a PIN, and by habit they enter 12345 followed by pound, it
> puts them in and then straight out.
>
> So I edited conference.conf.xml so:
>
> <!--control action="hangup" digits="#"/-->
>
> and even assigned # to another function:
>
> <control action="energy up" digits="#"/>
>
> and the same occurs. Pressing # exits the conference.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> tia - phil

Phil,

I recommend that you create a custom profile and a custom caller control
group. Just copy the defaults and rename them to something meaningful. In
conference.conf.xml you can add a new call control group like this:

    <group name="custom">  <!-- notice the new name -->
      <control action="mute"
digits="0"/>

      <control action="deaf mute"
digits="*"/>

      <control action="energy up"
digits="9"/>

      <control action="energy equ"
digits="8"/>

      <control action="energy dn"
digits="7"/>

      <control action="vol talk up"
digits="3"/>

      <control action="vol talk zero"
digits="2"/>

      <control action="vol talk dn"
digits="1"/>

      <control action="vol listen up"
digits="6"/>

      <control action="vol listen zero"
digits="5"/>

      <control action="vol listen dn"
digits="4"/>

      <!-- Notice that I removed the hangup option; # digit is not bound to
anything; you can bind it to something else if you wish -->
    </group>

Then make a copy of the default profile changing the profile name and the
caller-controls parameter:
    <profile name="custom"> <!-- notice the new name -->
     <!-- snip -->

     <param name="caller-controls" value="some name"/>
     <!-- snip -->

    </profile>

Give that a whirl and report back. :)
-MC