[Freeswitch-users] Analog phone with ATA. Phone Won't Dial Out, but can receive calls - Issue Closed

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Fri Nov 20 17:20:47 PST 2009

OK,

Just to close this one out, I've just spent some time on IRC and Michael
Collins very quickly helped me get this sorted.

I am using a cheap ATA which has a couple of "issues".

I should probably have included it in the original post, but the ATA is a :-

Pluscom SIP VoIP ATA - Model VPA-11.

Quote from the ATA Manual .......

"If a default dial plan string is not required, the Default Dial Plan String
field on the General configuration page (Section 4.1.2)
can be left empty, in which case the default dial pattern to accept all
dialed digits will be incorporated.
The default dial pattern, [0-9*]>#[0-9*].e[0-9*].ft4, is transparent to the
user and will not be displayed on the General
configuration page"

I had already (or so I thought) deleted the default ATA dialplan as I
suspected that it was causing problems.

As it turns out though, even with an apparently blank dialplan configured,
the ATA was inserting some characters after the dialed number which were
confusing the number handling in FreeSwitch.

Michael quickly spotted the problem from my Pastebin dump and took about 10
seconds to come up with a fix !

Adding the following section to the top of the default FreeSwitch dialplan
strips these extra characters off the string that FreeSwitch sees

<!-- Simple fixer extension 21/11/09  -->
<extension name="PluscomATA">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d+)#(\d+)$">
    <action application="transfer" data="$2 XML default"/>
  </condition>
</extension

Thanks a lot Michael !

regards