[Freeswitch-users] Build FS without spandsp or libtiff

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:02:44 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Over time more and more of spandsp will be used by Freeswitch, so its
> most certainly an integral part of FS going forward. In a few months it
> might be possible to not use libTIFF, depending how things go with some
> developments.
>
> spandsp builds OK for many cross compile setups. make_at_dictionary and
> make_modem_filters should be built using the host compiler, not the
> target compiler. This seems to work in the places I've tried it.
>
> The problem in your pastebin log seems to be a broken C99 environment,
> and not a spandsp problem.
>
> Steve

make_at_dictionary is not build using the host compiler.  I had to
hack it (manually passing CC and LIBTOOL to make) to get the build to
proceed to the next error...  This may be specific to the integration
with the rest of the FreeSWITCH build system.

I'm using uClibc (as are most other embedded environments) and I've
had other C99 issues before.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org