[Freeswitch-users] Build FS without spandsp or libtiff

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Nov 18 09:45:37 PST 2009

On 11/18/2009 04:19 AM, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Ah yes, using spandsp instead of libvoipcodecs.  I'm not going to
> question the wisdom of that move but it appears that spandsp (as-is)
> doesn't cross compile properly (make_at_dictionary is built using the
> cross compiler and can't run on the host).  Once that error is fixed
> (I hacked it for now) it still bombs as shown here:
>
> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/11149
>
> spandsp + libtiff are almost certainly *much* larger than
> libvoipcodecs but if that means that I can also build mod_fax I guess
> it's worth it ;).
>
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Brian West<brian at freeswitch.org>  wrote:
>
>> OH you need spandsp for VoipCodecs.  No way around that one.
>> /b

Over time more and more of spandsp will be used by Freeswitch, so its
most certainly an integral part of FS going forward. In a few months it
might be possible to not use libTIFF, depending how things go with some
developments.

spandsp builds OK for many cross compile setups. make_at_dictionary and
make_modem_filters should be built using the host compiler, not the
target compiler. This seems to work in the places I've tried it.

The problem in your pastebin log seems to be a broken C99 environment,
and not a spandsp problem.

Steve