[Freeswitch-users] suggestions for hardware.

Orien Love orien at tx.rr.com
Fri Nov 6 15:21:23 PST 2009

First of all, Thanks to the help I received on my pfSense installation,
especially to Michael.  I have a basic test system up and running. I am
still waiting on some hardware but the base system is working!!!!

I am looking on advice on how to set up a simple office PBX, 20 phones
and 4 outside lines.with 2 or 3 "operator" phones and the rest will be
extensions.

Here is my plan, please let me know if it does not make sense, or if I
am going about it

System Hardware
  4 spa3000's to handle the outside lines.
  2-3 polycom 601 phones with expansion modules (Operator phones)
  18 polycom 330 or other phones for desks.
  2-24 port cisco POE switches
  1 pfSense server.

System Design.

  Extension Numbers 2xx
  Outside line access 1xxxxxxxxxx
  groups 3xx
  auto-attendent ???

here are my questions
    #1 will a 1.6 Ghz Intel Atom 230 single core 533 Mhz FSB and 2 GB of
memory handle this proposed system? (Here is the MB I am thing of using
MSI 609-9832-010 http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9832_010)
    #2 how do I pool my spa 3000 FXO lines so that the outgoing calls
use the first available line? also how do insure that metro (non long
distance) calls go to a specific line if available?

I have learned a lot on how to set up Polycom 601 phones, I am planning
on writing a how to document, is there any specific format?

Thanks Orien