[Freeswitch-users] IP Phones with FreeSwitch

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Tue Nov 3 13:19:56 PST 2009

These phones work with FS, come by irc and you can talk to sekil about
his use of them.

In general, if you haven't invested in a bunch of phones, I'd recommend:

Polycom 330,450,550 -- pick your price point
snom - again, pick your price point

These are generally well supported over the rest.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Dave Stevenson
<stevendt at primrosebank.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> sorry to be here again !
>
> OK, now that I know that 3Com phones and FreeSwitch don't mix, my next
> question is about Cisco !
>
> I see that the FreeSwitch Interoperability list includes Cisco phones such
> as the 7940 and 7960.
>
> I believe that these phones need user licenses to work with Cisco Call
> Manager.
>
> What I'd like to confirm is that I would not need any Cisco licenses or
> anything else to get a Cisco IP phone working with FreeSwitch.
>
> Again, I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone using either of these (or
> other) Cisco phones with FreeSwitch on whether any additional licenses or
> software are required to work with an "out of the box" FreeSwitch
> installation ?
>
> regards
> Dave

-Rupa