[Freeswitch-users] Precompiled Windows Binaries

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Tue Nov 3 07:27:28 PST 2009

Jeff,

thanks a lot for the reply. I was a little confused by the fact that the
"SVN Snapshot" was some 10MB smaller than the Full 1.0.4 file so worried
that I might lose something. As you say though, think that I'll cross my
fingers and try the updated release. I am running FreeSwitch on a test
machine at the moment until the target hardware arrives - hopefully
tomorrow, so I can afford to have a little play.

You mentioned FreePBX V3. I had been fumbling around trying to work out what
this is and from what I've read, it seems to provide a GUI Front End for
configuring FreeSwitch ?

I am guessing that while it has been installed with FreeSwitch, I then need
to run the FreePBX Installer to update the FreePBX/FreeSwitch configuration
on my hardware ?

When I start FreeSwitch, it does not automatically load the WAMPServer.

When I start WAMPServer manually, and open up localhost (127.0.0.1) in a web
browser, I can see the WampServer logo and various tools such as phpinfo()
and phpmyadmin. FreePBX is there under Your Projects.

When I opened this up the first time, it appeared to want to install FreePBX
over FreeSwitch, I tried to abort this when it was going to overwrite some
FreeSwitch conf files and I thought I'd better not go on until I had a
better idea what was happening. I backed out of the FreePBX install and now
I can't get the FreePBX or phpmyadmin pages up again (missing files) so it
looks like I'm going to have to reinstall anyway.

So, for next time,am I right in thinking that I should proceed with running
the FreePBX install from the WAMPServer menu ?

regards
Dave