[Freeswitch-users] Proxy media hickups in audio

Leon de Rooij leon at scarlet-internet.nl
Thu Mar 19 04:57:46 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm still undecided yet whether I need proxy-media or not. As I
understand it, the only downside of enabling proxy-media is that early-
media is not possible, correct ? (Or are there other reasons why I
shouldn't use proxy-media ?)

When I disable proxy-media I get little hickups in the audio on the
outbound leg of the call, which are not there when proxy-media is
enabled.

I made pcap dumps on the ethernet interface for both in- and outbound
legs, for both settings (proxy-media dis- and enabled), analyzed it in
wireshark (no packetloss), but when extracting the audiostreams to .au
and listening to it on my laptop, I hear the same hickups.

Is there some other setting that may fix the problem of the hickups ?
(Is this a known problem?)

I'm running fs with -hp argument, am doing no transcoding and am using
ALAW codec.

Is it helpful if I put the pcap and .au files somewhere ?

thanks & regards,

Leon