[Freeswitch-users] echo cancellation on PRI cards

Raymond Chandler intralanman at freeswitch.org
Wed Mar 18 06:40:58 PDT 2009

David Knell wrote:
> Hi Arnaldo,
>
> That's interesting - Brasil was my first proper IVR installation: one
> with Embratel in Sao Paulo, and then a couple with TeleRJ.  I remember
> landing at Sao Paulo airport for the first time at 7 a.m. with
> instructions to "meet a fat man called Ferrari" unsure as to whether I
> was in some sort of elaborate hoax (I wasn't, and he was), and learning
> my first three words of Portuguese as we left the car park: filho da
> puta, of course.

What's interesting to me is.... everyone on this thread except you has
said that in real-world scenarios, they need the EC for reliability.
One of which, does signal processing programming professionally. It
seems to me that if you "build a better mouse trap" you must know what's
involved in making it work properly.  I'm not sure what your background
really is, but you'd be hard pressed to match up to Steve's reputation
and/or experience.

That said, it might be a good idea to just agree to disagree as this is
starting to sound like the faxing over IP talks I hear a lot. (i.e.
"faxing over g.711u with no t.38 works fine for me") Where it might work
for some people by some mysterious phenomena, it won't work for the
general public. And telling people that they don't need EC, where so
many have already said that they obviously do, is just as irresponsible,
IMHO, as you claiming Steve was for telling them that they don't need it.

</my2cents>
    -Ray