[Freeswitch-users] echo cancellation on PRI cards

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 06:00:12 PDT 2009

Hi Arnaldo,

That's interesting - Brasil was my first proper IVR installation: one
with Embratel in Sao Paulo, and then a couple with TeleRJ.  I remember
landing at Sao Paulo airport for the first time at 7 a.m. with
instructions to "meet a fat man called Ferrari" unsure as to whether I
was in some sort of elaborate hoax (I wasn't, and he was), and learning
my first three words of Portuguese as we left the car park: filho da
puta, of course.

Those had no EC.  DTMF detection worked fine, and the audio quality of
the IVR recordings was perfect, which is what you'd expect: EC doesn't
alter the IVR->caller audio at all.  A TDM->SIP->TDM type application is
a different animal: you've got the added latency of packetisation/jitter
buffering/etc. which pretty much makes echo cancellation a must.

--Dave