[Freeswitch-users] javascript debug

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 12 12:59:13 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM,  <itche at bridgeport.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm new to this very nice system
> I'm looking into writing javascripts to interact with the system.
> How can one debug, run step by step and get variables values the
> javascripts running under this system? For example I have setup the sample
> script that do the "tone tests" but I cant find a way to single step it
> and to look into it.

I think you're unable to step through scripts that are launched
"inside" of FS. Your best bet is to use lots of console log messages.
I prefer to use the INFO level so that I don't see all the debug
messages flying by:

console_log("info", "This line should appear in green letters on the
FS CLI.\n");

You can also print the values of variables using this function.

-MC