[Freeswitch-users] Solaris 10 - Install Instructions Needed

Kevin Green kevin at johnnyvoip.com
Wed Jun 17 11:57:29 PDT 2009

I was wondering if anyone had a set of detailed step-by-step instructions on
how to get FS up and running on Solaris 10 from a base Solaris install. I
understand that there are a few pieces required to be able to build FS as
described on the wiki (
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#Solaris) but it skips
over the details of each step. If someone could fill in the details or
provide me with some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there are any differences between working on an x86 vs a SPARC
platform it would be good to have notes on the different steps that should
be taken including any configuration variables that would optomize FS for
x86 or SPARC CoolThreads machine.

I have attached a whitepaper describing the benefit of UltraSPARC T2
processors running VoIP applications for anyone's interest. This whitepaper
is my motivation for wanting to try FS on Solaris.

Regards,
   Kevin Green

JohnnyVoIP
350 Legget Drive