[Freeswitch-users] Force SIP UA to pick up call during ringing?

Raul Fragoso raul at etellicom.com
Tue Jun 16 09:16:05 PDT 2009

I actually do that with our call center application. For all incoming
calls, our IVR engine parks the call in a virtual extension and plays
back prompts, advertisements, MOH, process digits, etc. When the queue
management finds an available agent, it sends an event to the client
application for that agent (with an optional screen-pop) where the agent
can click "Answer Call" and then we transfer the call with the
auto-answer header set on to the agent phone.
You could take a similar approach, if you're worrying about only
providing ring-back tone to the caller you can simply park the call and
use the playback app to play a tone_stream until the agent clicks the
web link, which will transfer the call from the parking extension to the
agent with the auto-answer flag.
I'm still willing to make some tests with REINVITE providing auto-answer
headers, as suggested by Mike. That would provide a more generic way to
answer calls programmatically when it's already ringing the endpoint. I
just need to find some time to read the sofia code and figure out how to
do that :)

Regards,

Raul