[Freeswitch-users] FS beats Aculab Prosody S on subjective test on lay users for conference quality

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jul 29 09:19:17 PDT 2009

This is great news. Before we start sending out commercials that say "4 out
of 5 Brazilians prefer FreeSWITCH to Prosody" I would very much like know
more about the tests:

What kind of computers were the end users working?
What codecs were being used by the x-lite clients when connecting to FS?
What codecs were being used by the x-lite clients when connecting to
Prosody?
Were there any other factors that could possibly have affected the call
quality?

The reason I ask all of these is that I would love to put this account into
the testimonials page on the wiki and make it available to other techie guys
who are trying to make their business cases for using FreeSWITCH (or FOSS in
general) to the corporate executives.

Thanks for the great report!
-Michael