[Freeswitch-users] Best way to bridge 2 calls with LCR?

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Tue Jul 21 08:43:26 PDT 2009

lcr api command doesn't really return a usable dialstring (it was originally
done for debug purposes).  I could add an "as xml" option if needed...

Anyway, to do this from the dialplan:

remember that originate's usage is:

-USAGE <call url> <exten>|&<application_name>(<app_args>) [<dialplan>]
[<context>] [<cid_name>] [<cid_num>] [<timeout_sec>]

so, the first argument is the call url and the second would be an extension.
so:

1) execute lcr for the first leg of the call
2) execute originate with:

originate ${lcr_auto_route} extension

extension just needs to match something in your dialplan.

In extension, you'd do another lcr lookup and then bridge to that leg's
${lcr_auto_route} value.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Nicolas Brenner <nicolas at medularis.com>wrote:

> I would like to originate 2 calls from FS and then bridge them. There's no
> incoming call so I think there's no dialplan involved.
> What I'd like to do now is apply lcr rules to these calls. I've come up
> with 2 options so far:
>
> 1) call lcr through the socket twice (once for each phonenumber) and then
> originate the calls through the socket too
> 2) have a javascript file which runs the actions above, run the script
> through the socket with 'jsrun'
>
> How would you do it?
>
> For what I've read on the list, usually the recommended way is to stay away
> from javascript as much as possible because it is not as efficient as doing
> everything from the dialplan. Does this mean the first option is the best?
> or is there a "dialplan way" of doing it?
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Nicolas

-Rupa