[Freeswitch-users] is there an event for SIP MESSAGE?

Cavalera Claudio Luigi Claudio.Cavalera at italtel.it
Wed Jan 28 02:24:00 PST 2009

freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org wrote:
> Out of curiosity which SIP messages have you been watching for on the
> event socket? Also, how are you connected to the event socket? Are you
> subscribing to all events and sifting through them to confirm that no
> events are being fired when SIP messages are being sent? -MC

Thanks for your interest Michael,
I'll try to explain better since I think this could become a useful
feature; fs already provides a lot of features for Unified
Communication. Moreover SIP messages are supported almost for free from
the sofia sip stack.

When experimenting I usually connect to the event socket with netcat:
nc localhost 8021
auth ClueCon
event plain all

If i register two clients to the event socket they can SIP message each
other.
I'm meaning SIP MESSAGES like this one sent from user 1000 to 1001:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/6940

I really would like an event to be fired by this SIP MESSAGING in fact
I'm almost adding it at mod_sofia.h
as #define MY_EVENT_SIP_MESSAGE "sofia::message"
:-)

Firing an event for every SIP MESSAGE sent through fs would be a great
thing, but sadly not sufficient for building a full IM solution.
In fact we would also need an API to send SIP MESSAGES from within fs
and this is already partially achieved from what I've seen with command
like this one sent to the event socket:

sendevent SEND_MESSAGE
profile: internal
content-length: 2
content-type: application/simple-message-summary
user: 1001
host: 192.168.1.1

Hi
Reply-Text: +OK

This command works and fires an event like this:

Command: sendevent%20SEND_MESSAGE
profile: internal
content-length: 2
content-type: application/simple-message-summary
user: 1001
host: 192.168.1.1
Event-Name: SEND_MESSAGE
Core-UUID: a7f40fea-8340-4d77-aded-f322f9bee016
FreeSWITCH-Hostname: lallobox
FreeSWITCH-IPv4: 192.168.1.1
FreeSWITCH-IPv6: %3A%3A1
Event-Date-Local: 2009-01-28%2010%3A44%3A07
Event-Date-GMT: Wed,%2028%20Jan%202009%2009%3A44%3A07%20GMT
Event-Date-Timestamp: 1233135847314907
Event-Calling-File: mod_event_socket.c
Event-Calling-Function: parse_command
Event-Calling-Line-Number: 1511

Hi

However it would be wonderful to enhance this API with the possibility
to select the sending user thus being able to forge sip messages from
within fs on behalf of a registered or not user.

Best Regards,
2C

PS: Michael feel free to contact me off list as you see fit.

Internet Email Confidentiality Footer
La presente comunicazione, con le informazioni in essa contenute e ogni documento o file allegato, e' rivolta unicamente alla/e persona/e cui e' indirizzata ed alle altre da questa autorizzata/e a riceverla. Se non siete i destinatari/autorizzati siete avvisati che qualsiasi azione, copia, comunicazione, divulgazione o simili basate sul contenuto di tali informazioni e' vietata e potrebbe essere contro la legge (art. 616 C.P., D.Lgs n. 196/2003 Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali). Se avete ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, vi preghiamo di darne immediata notizia al mittente e di distruggere il messaggio originale e ogni file allegato senza farne copia alcuna o riprodurne in alcun modo il contenuto.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and are confidential and/or may contain legally privileged information. If you have received this message by mistake or are not one of the addressees above, you may take no action based on it, and you may not copy or show it to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and point out the error which has occurred.