[Freeswitch-users] Bridge destination returned from a python script?

Brian Deacon bdeacon at highergear.com
Mon Jan 19 16:20:16 PST 2009

Greetings my soon-to-be-BFF's  :)

After the last 6 weeks or so thrashing about in the land of Asterisk, I
must say I'm quite impressed with what I'm learning about FreeSwitch.

So the scenario I'm trying to deal with is bridging a call between two
not-internal endpoints where the numbers to connect are determined by
database-fed business logic.

The recipe here is very close to what I need:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_IVR_Originate#exec_in_answer_confirm

Except that I'm a language snob and would greatly prefer python to
javascript.  :)

So my minor question is can this line:
<action application="set" data="group_confirm_file=javascript test.js"/>
Become this line:
<action application="set" data="group_confirm_file=python foo.bar.baz"/>

But javascript isn't a deal-breaker.  I have two bridging scenarios that
were too tricky for me in asterisk land.  (And my apologies, I'm new to
telephony, so I don't have the lingo down).  Our FS server would be
reachable by multiple 800 numbers.  Based on the number that was dialed
to reach our FS server, we would look up an external phone number +
extension to be part 1 of a bridge (which we would use the
group_confirm_file script to make sure we had gotten past the IVR).  So
for that scenario, how would I accomplish something like:
<action application="bridge" data="
${someVariableSetByScript}"/>
Can my foo.bar.baz script make a session.setVariable call that I could
drop into data=""?

My other scenario is similar, but we need to externally signal the FS
server to place a call to phone + extension, confirm it was connected,
and then bridge it to a DID.  Is XmlRpc the best (only?) way to poke FS
into doing something?

Thanks muchly!

Brian