[Freeswitch-users] Starting FS on OSX

Martin Joseph astmac at stillnewt.org
Thu Jan 15 22:29:56 PST 2009

On Jan 15, 2009, at 3:10 PM, Michael Jerris wrote:

> Your build issue is with your autotools install, I have seen issues if
> you have ever installed any of the autotools from macports or fink.
I have never used Fink or Macports so that isn't it.  In fact the
supposed statements made to the effect that FS will build from SVN
fine on 10.4 with the latest available apple dev tools is quite wrong
in my experience. I setup a virgin 10.4 and updated everything and had
many complaints from FS about tool versions.

> If you want to build from svn you can run bootstrap on another box (a
> linux box perhaps) and then tar up that dir and move it to your mac.
Huh, interesting.

> We pre-bootstrap the release tarballs which is why that is building
> fine for you.
Right, Thanks for all your efforts and an outstanding platform!

Marty