[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch crashed !!!

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:10:38 PST 2009

Matthew,

I am not berating him, I am trying to convince him to give me the script
that causes his crash.
It seems ridiculous to me that he should be worried about what I will do
with his js code when I am clearly
only interested in finding out what causes his issue.  And there is irony
for him to think that
I can write FS itself in C then need his js code for anything i want to
accomplish.
He can easily remove any sensitive information from the script before
supplying it.

Why exactly are you so abrasive in our community.  We just spent like 3 days
trying to help you
with an issue didn't we? And it was not even a problem in FS itself.
Also, why are you comparing us to a company we are not a company we are an
open source project and everything is free, what exactly are you expecting?

We all spend most of our day helping people here including you on multiple
occasions and you seem to repeatedly criticize us for who knows why.

I am not mad about your comment I just don't get it.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> > On 01/13/2009 04:00 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> >
> >> So I can supply you with 250 thousand lines of C code that make your
> >> application possible.
> >> but you are not willing to show me the silly js code that may be the
> >> cause of your crash?
> >> What security purposes are you kidding?
> >>
> > I just need to salute this! I get same silly reasons day by day,
> > everyone wants their issues fixed in no time without proper (any)
> > feedback. Maybe we should collect and build a top of such reasons...
> >
> Just set the bug to UTR and move on. No reason to berate the person who
> won't supply the script required to reproduce the problem... it just
> won't get fixed without both a way to reproduce and a developer who
> cares to dig into finding it.
>
> Could you imagine a large software company saying anything other than
> "you have not supplied enough information for us to reproduce this bug"?
> Between the time wasted writing a longer response, and the image it
> creates for clueless users/customers of the developers and the support
> process, it just isn't worth it.
>
> Matthew Kaufman

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/