[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch crashed !!!

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Jan 15 11:39:02 PST 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 01/13/2009 04:00 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:
>
>> So I can supply you with 250 thousand lines of C code that make your
>> application possible.
>> but you are not willing to show me the silly js code that may be the
>> cause of your crash?
>> What security purposes are you kidding?
>>
> I just need to salute this! I get same silly reasons day by day,
> everyone wants their issues fixed in no time without proper (any)
> feedback. Maybe we should collect and build a top of such reasons...

Just set the bug to UTR and move on. No reason to berate the person who
won't supply the script required to reproduce the problem... it just
won't get fixed without both a way to reproduce and a developer who
cares to dig into finding it.

Could you imagine a large software company saying anything other than
"you have not supplied enough information for us to reproduce this bug"?
Between the time wasted writing a longer response, and the image it
creates for clueless users/customers of the developers and the support
process, it just isn't worth it.

Matthew Kaufman