[Freeswitch-users] Country specific tones - how to contribute?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Jan 14 23:24:05 PST 2009

Scott Ellis <scott.ellis at novatex.com.au> wrote:
> I have tracked down a set of au tones from the mailing list, which I am
> going to verify. How do I go about getting these added into the default
> build so that they are available for all in future?

Maybe by posting a patch to the bug tracking system or the development list?

> I tried <action application="set" data="ringback=${au-ring}"/> and this
> did not work - where does it try and load the ring tone from? I have
> entries in the tones.conf file, but these do not seem to be used.

us-ring and uk-ring are defined in vars.xml. Note that they are global
variables, referenced with the $${variable-name} syntax.

There's an ITU document referred to on the wiki with the official definitions
of ringback and other tones for various countries.