[Freeswitch-users] No caller/called ID received (Wildcard X101P)

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Wed Jan 14 07:42:49 PST 2009

Tomás wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anthony, I think that's my problem, when I receive a call from the PSTN,
> FS receive number 1 instead of my house number and I don't know why.

If you use SIP trunking or something like an ISDN-PRI line, the number
the call is to is delivered as part of the signaling, which is only way
to make use of many phone numbers on a single physical circuit or
connection.  When you put a POTS line into an FXO port, there is no such
information provided, as there is only one number on the line.  (Leaving
aside various schemes found in some countries such as using different
ring patterns to indicate different numbers having been called.)

So, as Anthony keeps pointing out, if you want FS to know the number of
the line plugged into the FXO port, you have to configure it yourself.

--Jon Radel