[Freeswitch-users] Gateways vs Directory Users

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos regs at kinetix.gr
Tue Jan 13 09:42:34 PST 2009

In the http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Clarification:gateways we can read :

"What I gather from this is that if you only want certain extensions to
be registered with your voip provider when a specific user registers
with freeswitch you should define gateways in the directory section
rather than in the sofia configuration. Conversely, if you always want
an extension registered with a provider you would define the gateway as
part of the sip profile."

So If I understand the above statement correctly the gateways that are
defined within a user tag are not necessarily the gateways of the specific
user (i.e. he/she physically owns them) ,
but gateways that our FS may use to terminate calls of this specific user.

What I also understand from the above statement is that these gateways
get registered (or are generally accessible) only when that particular user
registers to our FS. Is this correct?

Apostolos Pantsiopoulos
Kinetix Tele.com R & D
email: regs at kinetix.gr