[Freeswitch-users] polycom one-way audio problem

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 06:05:39 PST 2009

Did you ever find out if the rtp was making it to your phone?
Did you get around to testing the echo exten?  That is the most basic call
you can do
it is 1 leg call just playing your own audio back.  Also 9998 plays the
tetris song with the tone generator.

We for sure can see rtp packets in the pcap bound for your phone.
This is a very unique problem as many people get this basic situation
working daily so
it must be a network issue of some sort.

Can we rule out your network where the phones live by testing some phones on
the same network as FS?
Do you have a hub you could put the phones on so you can packet sniff the
traffic to them?

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> > Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> >
> >> I have upgraded to the latest boot roms and SIP firmware, 3.1.1.0137. I
> >> get the same one-way audio between the polycom and x-lite, and now on a
> >> polycom-polycom call I get no audio in *either* direction. (Not much of
> >> an improvement, but different)
> >>

> > For those following on the list, a successful workaround is to set
> > "inbound-proxy-media" to true. Why that should be necessary, and why it
> > behaves the way it does when that is set to false (the strangest part
> > being that calls that go directly to VM have good audio, but calls that
> > ring the far end for a time and then go to VM have no audio *even* when
> > they've gone over to VM), I still don't understand.
> >

> I spoke too soon. If I turn on "inbound-proxy-media", then it goes back
> to "called party can hear calling party, but calling party calling party
> cannot hear called party" (the same as it was before upgrading to the
> latest Polycom firmware), and additionally the calling party now gets
> ringback (didn't before), but if the called party doesn't answer instead
> of dropping to voicemail it goes to fast busy.
>
> The last is probably related to: "[ERR] sofia_glue.c:1608
> sofia_glue_tech_set_codec() No audio codec available" which then fires
> INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION.
>
> I also picked up version 11089 *and* threw out all the conf directory
> and regenerated it from the sample source, so this is 100% today-build,
> default-settings (except for the adjustments to inbound-proxy-media).
>
> Matthew Kaufman

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/