[Freeswitch-users] mod_event_multicast TTL?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:59:09 PST 2009

Hey FS Devs/Users,

  Happy New Year!

  Is it just me or should mod_event_multicast allow you to specify a
TTL on the outbound packet?  I know the wiki says you should use VLANs
(which I usually do anyway) but the more "standard" way of restricting
multicast packets is to set the TTL extremely low (1, etc).

  I didn't want to be another "gimme gimme gimme" user; I tried
looking through the code but I think even my neighbors could here the
"whooshing" sound as it went over my head...

  Thoughts?

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org