[Freeswitch-users] Thin Client VOIP setup?

Erik Wickstrom erik at erikwickstrom.com
Wed Feb 25 13:11:23 PST 2009

Hi,

I've deployed Freeswitch as our phone system at work.  We now want to use
our new phonesystem in a phone room with thin clients (Terminal Server,
possibly LTSP) for each agent.  Ideally, we'd like to use x-lite or another
softphone for each agent.

The desired workflow for the agents is as follows:
1) A web based CRM with click to dial. (and customer data card etc)
2) Agent clicks dial button and is connected to customer
3) Interact with CRM...

>From what I've read so far, there are some challenges that need to be
overcome in deploying softphones over thin clients.

Has anyone here had any success in setting up a system like this?  I'm I
asking for trouble trying to use softphones with thin clients (should I just
use hardware phones?  Do they support click to dial?)

Thanks!
Erik