[Freeswitch-users] SIP dump to DB

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Fri Feb 20 08:09:56 PST 2009

Shelby Ramsey napsal(a):
> Sorry .. I didn't give enough detail.  My point was to dump it via NGREP
> ... parse it using something else to get it into a database where it
> would be usable.

This is good point! Thank you very much, Shelby!

> Then you can match calls from the CDR (using the UUID)
> to the database.

This is exactly what I try to accomplish :-)

> The benefit is that you don't have to put the burden
> on your FS boxes to do it ... Just monitor from another device and then
> dump it into the database.

I think of 2 possibilities:
1. On router replicate whole traffic to dedicated machine and process
dump there (but it probably kills that machine, because it gets all RTP
traffic)
2. Modify FreeSWITCH/Sofia (I have no idea how hard it will be, or if it
is even possible) to duplicate all SIP messages to given URI - main
benefit of this scenario is that I have only SIP messages on logging
machine and that I can use SERlike proxy to parse messages and store
them to DB.

> Of course you better have a beast of
> database if you want to do 10,000 writes per second :) or be running
> something like NDB that scales well.

NDB is overkill for logging :-)
What I think of is some kind of "caching" on FreeSWITCH side. I.e. store
mesasges to DB in bigger chukns (whole call etc.) It will significatnly
reduce DB utilization...

> There are other tools like scapy as well that can be quite useful in fact.

I will look at it, thank you Shelby!

Best regards,

kokoska.roksoka