[Freeswitch-users] SIP dump to DB

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Fri Feb 20 06:39:04 PST 2009

Anthony Minessale napsal(a):
> what exact info do you need? That's likely to be a challenge with any
> database to store at that speed.

Thank you very much, Anthony, for your reply!

I should say: Personally I don't need it (I see preformance penalty),
but few people around me need to store somewhere ALL sip messages going
through the server. And ALL means "really all" (well, it will be very
helpful if I can skip OPTIONS and other nat-keep-alive related messages).
So I need something like "sipgrep dump" but I should be able to simply
corelate messages to user (in case of MESSAGE, REGISTER etc.) and to
user+call (in case of INVITE, BYE, CANCEL etc.).

-------------
BTW:
I'm sure it will be challenge for DB - and thus I made some tests with
mentioned siptrace.
One SIP call is about 18-21 SIP messages, so for 100 cps I should make a
little bit over 2.000 INSERTs per second. 900 REGISTERs per second will
generate about 5.500 INSERTs per second => I need to fire cca 8.000
INSERTs per second...

But, may be, better solution exists - without DB.
Any hint is very appreciated :-)

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska