[Freeswitch-users] SIP dump to DB

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Fri Feb 20 06:51:06 PST 2009

Adam Long napsal(a):
> MySQL MEMORY/HEAP table might be ideal for this. This data is prob not
> critical and is probably
> being used for diagnosing peer connectivity issues anyway.
> If it is critical well then... there are always trade offs right :)

Thank you very much, Adam, for interest!

You are right - it is for diagnosis. And while the data is not critical,
I can't leave them in MySQL MEMORY table. Based on my counts I have to
store and maintain about 70-90 GiB of SIP messages and I simply don't
have enough RAM :-)

> I think in general what he is speaking of is just some sort of temporary SIP
> trace setup that can log
> that can be controlled or filtered. So its not just all or nothing.

Exactly! :-)

> I wonder is it possible to enable the current sip trace functionality via a
> variable.
> For example something like this.
>
> <action application="bridge"
> data="{sip_trace=on}sofia/public/XXXXXXXXXX at 10.10.10.1" />
> This of course only helps for bridged B2BUA calls.

It will be very helpful...

> But if inbound sip tracing is required a user param like sip_trace could
> address that, yes?

Yes, I need all SIP packets except nat-keep-alives...
BTW: How to recognize them? I know how could I do it on proxy (SER
like), but what about on FreeSWITCH?
Anyway - for me it shouldn't be an issue, because I filter then on
loadbalancer.

> That could be a good starting point, then perhaps I could help roll a
> mod_xml_siptrace module
> based on the mod_xml_cdr design/concept that could somehow link into the
> existing sip trace logging.

It will be very powerfull, but I'm affraid it can't scale to thousands
request per second.

> Just some thoughts, no idea how much of this exists today.

Thanks once more, Adam!

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska