[Freeswitch-users] SIP dump to DB

Adam Long ajlong at worldlink.net
Fri Feb 20 06:31:52 PST 2009

MySQL MEMORY/HEAP table might be ideal for this. This data is prob not
critical and is probably
being used for diagnosing peer connectivity issues anyway.
If it is critical well then... there are always trade offs right :)

I think in general what he is speaking of is just some sort of temporary SIP
trace setup that can log
that can be controlled or filtered. So its not just all or nothing.

I wonder is it possible to enable the current sip trace functionality via a
variable.
For example something like this.

<action application="bridge"
data="{sip_trace=on}sofia/public/XXXXXXXXXX at 10.10.10.1" />
This of course only helps for bridged B2BUA calls.

But if inbound sip tracing is required a user param like sip_trace could
address that, yes?

That could be a good starting point, then perhaps I could help roll a
mod_xml_siptrace module
based on the mod_xml_cdr design/concept that could somehow link into the
existing sip trace logging.

Just some thoughts, no idea how much of this exists today.

Regards,
-Adam