[Freeswitch-users] FS SIP audio quality?

Paul D. pauld at versafon.com
Sat Feb 14 19:02:54 PST 2009

I am not sure what else I can add to that, I would love to elaborate
more if you ask anything specific.
I haven't tried the latest trunk, but since there's no difference
between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3RC1 in audio quality I don't think
it make sense trying. From what I see in FS logs there's no resampling
involved, and that looks like true since I specifically restricted
codecs in my test SIP equipment.
But the fact is I tried different boxes, same OS centos 5.2 x64, and I
had to bring audio volume and mic level all the way up in X-Lite to
compensate for the difference to * audio,
and in * such volume level sounds like way too high.
FS installed cleanly from scratch, mostly default settings, except some
dialplan/directory additions.