[Freeswitch-users] js and VMD

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 12 14:42:55 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Nik Middleton
<nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk> wrote:
> Just been chatting to Ken Rice, his view (and he may be mistaken) is
> that it should fire the call back event in much the same way as DTMF
> does, however, it's not working.  I used to develop with C/C++ for about
> 10 years, but that was 12 years ago. Very rusty.  However, I'm going to
> look at the start_dtmf code and try to replicate the functionality in
> mod_vmd.

That would be awesome. I think once you get into the code you'll
realize that it isn't like walking through a warzone or tapdancing in
a minefield like some other codebases. :) The code is really
well-ordered so you can frequently copy and paste from other files and
functions and create new functionality. Feel free to get in there and
start mixing it up! It's kinda fun.

> Regarding your suggestion, that wouldn't really work as I'm streaming a
> file.  However, if memory serves me well, there is a timer function in C
> that you can set to run that can call a function.  There is a function
> in js called setTimeout(time_func, 500) but sadly it's not available in
> spidermonkey.  BTW this function would resolve a bounty on call duration
> timeouts

Understood. The other thing you could do, at least to test the events
for VMD, is to create a little daemon kind of program that sits there
and listens for VMD hits and have it uuid_kill those channels for you.
Crude, to be sure, but it would definitely let you confirm that the
system is working.

-MC