[Freeswitch-users] Cannot choose Cepstral voice from dialplan

Paul D. pauld at versafon.com
Sat Feb 7 21:03:59 PST 2009

Followed Wiki to install and configure mod_cepstral. The problem is FS
always defaults to one voice, which I installed first, and ignores others.
I did define SWIFT_HOME and added swift lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf.
After I restart FS I see on FS console after dialing my test extension:

Failed to load library libceplex_us.so due to: libceplex_us.so: cannot
Failed to load language / lexical libraries for Callie-8kHz

I do have this voice installed. This message does not appear after
subsequent calls to the test extension, until next FS restart.
I use this in my dialplan:

<extension name="tts">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^49999$">
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="speak" data="cepstral|Callie-8kHz|Your call
cannot be completed as dialed."/>
        <action application="hangup" data="SUCCESS"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

 This is all under centos 5.2 64 bit. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.