[Freeswitch-users] Seeking opinion on shared disk space

Woody Dickson woodydickson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 18:24:19 PST 2009

Hi,

In my deployment scenario, I plan to have two redundant freeswitch
servers running on two different boxes.  Two key features I am
leveraging on freeswitch are voicemail and call recording and
playback., and as a result of that, a shared storage for playback of
the recorded wav files is needed.  When the user traffic is high, I am
affraid that NFS or even GFS can't scale well.  On the other hand, a
real SAN hardware with optical-fabric is too expensive for us.  We are
therefore considering using iSCSI SAN to build a cheap SAN for that
purpose.

Does anyone have experience setting up a shared storage between
multiple freeswitch servers and can share some inputs with me?

Thanks for all your help.

Woody